Teraco’s colocation data centre facilities are the interconnection hub for sub-Saharan Africa, offering access to a holistic physical infrastructure and highly secure environment for colocation to all cloud services providers and their clients.
Africa Cloud Exchange
Teraco is an interconnection hub for cloud service providers and does not offer cloud services - but will provide introductions to any of the cloud services providers within the cloud ecosystem.
What is Africa Cloud Exchange?
Teraco’s Africa Cloud eXchange (ACX) offers a low risk entry point for cloud providers to host their platform in the most connected and resilient data centre environment in Africa. With direct access to African terrestrial fibre, satellite connectivity providers, submarine cables and an open market for interconnection, cloud providers are now able to distribute their services to more than 50 African nations, from within a single deployment.
Combined with existing benefits like; free peering through NAPAfrica, cost effective interconnects, access to all licensed local carriers, major international carriers, global content providers, guaranteed resilient power, 24/7 support and the highest levels of physical security; Africa Cloud eXchange makes Teraco data centre facilities the natural choice to colocate cloud services.
Features of Africa Cloud eXchange
- High density, SLA guaranteed power
- Highly secure, access controlled environments
- Access to over 200 local and international networks
- Free Peering via NAPAfrica Internet eXchange (IXP)
- 24/7 Support
Benefits of Africa Cloud eXchange
- Carrier, cloud and vendor neutral data centre facilities providing true focus on facility uptime, power availability and security.
- With access to all Africa’s major carriers and numerous international carriers, cloud providers have the ability to offer their services to an extensive client base
- Sharing the environment with other cloud providers means there are opportunities to share, interconnect and grow cloud product suites
- A wide range of interconnect technologies enables clients to minimise infrastructure spend and offer more competitive solutions
- By outsourcing the data centre environment, cloud solution providers can focus on their core business
- Remote hands support makes it possible for cloud providers and clients alike to maintain service levels without having technicians on site
- Teraco employs advanced technology ensuring strict access control and processes to safeguard clients’ equipment
- Service level agreements offering 99.999% uptime guarantees, ensuring the highest availability
- Highly flexible environment for rapid deployment and future growth based on a “pay as you grow” model
- Connecting buyers and sellers at the Internet’s Edge
- Low latency interconnection to a growing cloud hub
Cloud Hosting Partners Services
Teraco focuses on connecting business to potential partners and clients within the data centre. Infrastructure sharing is key for businesses to reduce capex and improve operational costs, while still allowing for rapid innovative deployment of products to market. As Teraco offers a structured cabling environment, clients can easily and cost effectively connect to a partner of choice.
Teraco’s cloud hosting ecosystem contains key infrastructure as a service partners which give clients the opportunity to white label cloud applications to suit diverse market segments.