For purposes of these terms and conditions, “Teraco” shall mean Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd, and all of its subsidiaries.
Teraco Data Environments
Teraco is the first provider of resilient, vendor neutral data environments in South Africa. Clients benefit from the cost savings and improved resilience of securely housing their information systems and networking equipment in a colocation facility purpose-built and operated to global best practice by an expert organisation with an absolute focus on data centre technology and infrastructure.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance,completeness or suitability of the information and materials found oroffered on this website for any particular purpose.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errorsand we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us.
- This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
1. Information Collected
When you use the website, and at other times, Teraco may require you to provide it with personally identifiable information or you may elect to provide Teraco with personally identifiable information. The personally identifiable information you provide may include your name, company, job title, address and e-mail address and facts about yourself, your business, profession and product preferences. In addition, Teraco’s web servers may automatically collect website usage information from you when you visit the website. Website usage information informs Teraco about how visitors and subscribers use and navigate the websites, including the number and frequency of users to each web page, their IP address, and the length of their stays.
2. Use of Information Collected
- The personal information collected on the website will be used to operate the website and to provide the services or carry out the transactions you have requested. In support of these uses, Teraco may combine the personally identifiable information you have provided to it on the website with other information about you that is available to it, including website usage information and information from other sources.
- Teraco may use this information:
- To enable it to process, validate and verify requests for products and services and for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information;
- To improve your experience on the website; to improve and develop new products, features and services;
- To alert you to new products and services and special offers;
- To provide marketing with aggregate information about the user base and usage patterns;
- To allow Teraco to personalise the advertising users see based on their personal characteristics or preferences, and for other purposes.
- Personal information collected from you may be stored and processed in South Africa, or any other country in which Teraco operates or maintains facilities and may be transferred to third party suppliers to Teraco, in order to help Teraco to improve the content of the website, provide you with the products or services requested, to consider and respond to any application for employment made, and to help service providers to perform services on its behalf. By using the website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
- Teraco may disclose any information about you to law enforcement agencies, government officials or other authorities, as Teraco, in its sole discretion, believes necessary or appropriate in the circumstances.
- If you use the website to make application for employment with Teraco, you acknowledge that: Teraco will not under any circumstances be liable to you should your application be unsuccessful or should your application not be received; the technology utilised by Teraco and its third party suppliers is designed to protect personally identifiable information but that Teraco is unable to guarantee that all such personally identifiable information is not capable of being illegally accessed and that accordingly you assume all risk associated therewith and agree that Teraco shall not under any circumstances be liable to you in respect thereof; you provide any information solely at your risk and any information provided will be kept and stored for such period of time Teraco deems appropriate.
Like most websites, Teraco automatically collects information and data through the use of “cookies”. A “Cookie” is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which enables a website to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s on going access to and use of the website and allows a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising. A cookie will not provide Teraco with personal information, therefore, if you have not supplied Teraco with any personal information, you can still browse the website anonymously. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this or other websites which you visit.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. Teraco maintains safeguards to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
5. IP Address
If you are connected to the internet you will have an IP Address. This may take the form of a figure, such as 333.333.22.1. The address will be automatically collected and logged as part of the connection of your computer to Teraco’s web server and may be used to determine the total number of visits to each part of the website. If there is a security breach the relevant IP Address will be identified by the Internet Service Provider and the user may be contacted.
6. Links to Other Web Sites
7. Policy Modifications
8. Comments and Questions
9. Terms and conditions
IMPORTANT: This email (and any attachments) may contain confidential, private or legally privileged information and may be protected by copyright. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it was addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately and delete it. Any legal privilege and confidentiality in the email will not be waived. Internet communications are not secure and subject to possible data corruption, either accidentally or on purpose, and may contain viruses. Teraco Data Environments Pty Ltd takes care to protect its systems from electronic virus attack or other harmful events, however the company gives no warranty that this email message, and/or attachments, is free of any virus or other harmful matter and therefore, accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the recipient receiving, opening or using it.
Promotion of Access To Information Act
Information Manual in Terms of Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 in Respect of Teraco Data Environments Proprietary Limited (Company Registration Number: 2007/004268/07)