COVID-19 is impacting the world in unimaginable ways resulting in a global crisis where we are all challenged in the fight to contain the spread of the disease and protect those most vulnerable in our society. Our focus is prioritising the health, safety and welfare of our clients, suppliers and employees as well as the continued, sustainable operation of our data centre facilities.
Over the last two months, we have implemented various measures across our data centres and company to ensure that we minimise the risk of service disruption to our client base and that operational sustainability is maintained.
TERACO BUSINESS CONTINUITY
We fully embrace the responsibility of maintaining service continuity at this present time. Our facilities are fully functional, and we have activated our business continuity plans to ensure service provision is maintained. In line with our business continuity planning, we have engaged with our critical suppliers and partners to ensure that their service continuity is maintained over this time as well.
DATA CENTRE ACCESS
On 25 April 2020, the South African Government announced the COVID-19 Risk-Adjusted Strategy that deals with the incremental unlocking of the economy.
Given this announcement and further to our communications on measures identified in our previous client releases, Teraco has decided to implement and maintain the following strict measures until further notice to ensure that our facilities and staff maintain operational sustainability:
- Client visits to the facilities are restricted to allow for the most critical work only;
- Clients, contractors and employees will be carefully screened before being allowed access to a Teraco facility or site. This screening will include a symptom check as well as a temperature check;
- Clients and contractors will be required to wear a face mask (or other appropriate face covering) for the duration of visits to the facilities;
- Social distancing is to be practised at all times during visits to the facilities;
- Alcohol-based hand sanitiser has been made available in strategic locations throughout the facilities for regular client and contractor use;
- The cleaning schedules of for all data centre facilities has been substantially increased with additional focus on all common surface areas and areas of high traffic; and
- Adherence to these strict protocols will be carefully monitored.
Please note that during this restricted period, we will continue to offer remote hands services. In this regard, we ask clients to limit remote hands to critical work only. Fees will be waived for office and after office hours remote hands services during this time. We will continue to receive client equipment into stores at this time.
We will continue to monitor global and local health and safety protocols and best practices closely and will continue to keep clients informed on any significant changes to our procedures.
WORKING IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
COVID-19 has presented our society with many new challenges, and Teraco is committed to helping organisations implement additional IT infrastructure requirements to mitigate possible risks. The Teraco data centre facilities house many global and local cloud, content, network and Internet service providers. These organisations are working actively to reach more users and bring their applications closer to the end-user. We encourage our clients to connect, and where possible, our team will facilitate these interactions.
ABOVE ALL – STAYING SAFE
The health and safety of our entire community remain our highest priority. If you have any questions, require assistance or want to share additional ways in which we can help, please do not hesitate to contact us.