Since opening the doors to it’s first colocation data centre, in Rondebosch – Cape Town in 2009, submarine cable systems, local and international terrestrial networks and numerous other major IP backbones have establish strategic interconnection hubs within the Teraco facilities. As the first carrier neutral earth station in Africa, the Teraco Teleport in Isando, Johannesburg further enhances Teraco’s open market offering.
Teleport – Satellite Earth Station
Colocate your antennae equipment in a highly connected, well secured environment with resilient power.
Join Africa's most prolific networks.
Service providers can colocate their antennae equipment in a highly connected, well secured environment with resilient power.
Staying Ahead of the Curve - Teleport Infrastructure Investment
“This is a big deal… perhaps one of the most important questions to pose to your colocation provider surrounds whether or not their infrastructure investment is sufficient to handle the rapid and exponential growth in big data requirements.”Blake MclanePresident of Emerging Markets Communications
Reduced Capital, Capacity & Connectivity Costs
- Reduced bandwidth costs – no transit or last mile fees within the data centre therefore allowing easy access to multiple carriers and increased redundancy
- Bandwidth savings – significant savings on bandwidth through peering at NAPAfrica Internet eXchange (IXP) to access local and international partners at zero transit
- Increased marketing opportunities – easy access to an ecosystem of potential clients and new business opportunities across Africa
- Africa expansion – cost effective, low risk access to Africa through existing local and international carriers, network providers and ISPs
- On demand environment – cost effective, low risk
- Scalability – reduced capital requirement with maximum opportunity to grow.
- Close proximity to Teraco’s interconnection hub